Sunday, March 7, 2010

Concentration #3


I have completed my third piece! Huzzah! Sorry the image is so bad - I took the picture with my the camera on my phone, so it's really bad. Just as a refresher, my theme is the effects of solitude. This piece shows how when one is alone, they can go into their happy place. This isn't mine (I don't fish). It is supposed to have an 'edge of the world' sort of feel to it. I don't know why I stuck that in. I guess I just felt like it. (probably the same reason I stuck in the umbrella).

Please critique me! I haven't done an oil painting in a RIDICULOUSLY LONG time. Any advice or suggestions would be most appreciated. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oooo, i like the clouds and how the light is soft. I know water is hard, but I think you've pulled it off. I also like the edge of the earth idea, very cute. Also the water gives it depth and it's a good thing it's there otherwise with only the sky, it would have no depth ( I would know). The one thing that bothers me is the figure inside the umbrella, because they are dark and look like a stick figure to me. Maybe it's cause of the picture quality on the phone. I guess to make it a little less like a stick figure maybe you could add tiny highlights of light, but that would be difficult. Although the closer I look at it I think I see the outline of a chin, so maybe it’s just the picture that makes it look that way. But I like this picture very much, looks dream like :)

    ReplyDelete