Monday, February 8, 2010

We Don't Make Mistakes; We Have Happy Accidents


The fuzzy-haired Bob Ross. I'll freely admit that his show is one of my favorite things to watch if i have some spare time. Anyhow, the reason I brought this up is because I am planning on doing an oil painting for one of my concentration pieces and will be using his techniques.

It's kind of ridiculous how quickly and effortlessly he can make a gorgeous painting. I absolutely failed the first time I tried his trick for making mountains. practice, practice
As for the piece. I'm in the process of covering the canvas and a practice sheet of paper in black gesso and will be working on it here at home. Fingers crossed, all goes well. I'll just add in some happy clouds ... and let's say a tree lives here.. and we're all good. :)

Here a just a few paintings that I like. These seem to be some of his earlier ones...




1 comment: