Sunday, January 31, 2010

Always wanted to try this

I remember seeing this commercial a while ago (I think it was for Allstate or Geico) and it had this woman shaping things over and over again in sand on a lightbox. So I looked up some videos on youtube and found Ilana Yahav and her art

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbm7hbhVFHY&feature=response_watch

This is one of her many videos. Apparently, she does live performances where the camera focused on the light table displays it on a huge screen behind her for the crowd to see. I don't know how she can stand to keep forming and reforming. I would at least need to stop and observe the work for a bit before I moved onto the next step.

I've been tempted to throw together a make-shift light box specifically for this, but i doubt that my parents would appreciate
  • me having sand in my room
  • yet another thing crammed on my art desk
  • the cats utilizing the box when no one is home
But we'll see. Maybe during some spare time up in Redmond. . . where there are no cats.

2 comments:

  1. FFFF cats using it...

    I remember that commercial!

    But yeah... art stuff in a room can be dangerous when used for things other then art. My dad got mad at me, at our old house, when I had an 'art mess'. Pretty much no one could come in and there was misc materials everywhere... all in all... it was not good times for anyone including me... sometimes.

    BUT HEY
    It's better then play dough smushed into the ground.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awsome, i saw that comercial too, but i thought it was a UPS commercial. I always wondered how they did that... well, now I know. cool

    ReplyDelete