Monday, June 7, 2010

Final Blog Update

I learned a lot about myself this year. I have finally started appreciating direct observation and the reference it provides in future art pieces. Plus, I now know that I can work decently well within a deadline. True, I still had several pieces to complete the weekend before the concentration was due, but it was only a couple instead of the possible six or seven. My favorite piece was the very first one that I worked on; Bob the bird. I think that I featured it in my first blog update, too, so I'm ending it where it all began.
I'm attending DigiPen in the fall (I need to get started on their summer art homework now). Campus is basically a single building and a parking lot, but it's going to be great. From there I plan on working for Nintendo as a concept artist/character designer and in ten years I will hopefully be working for them in Japan. (random, I know). I guess that one of the best pieces of advice I can give for art students is to not procrastinate at all. You might think that you have a bunch of time to work on a few pieces, but it goes by really quickly. Also, don't be afraid to ask your classmates for advice and critiques. That one used to be really hard for me to do, but they have helped a lot over the year.

And you can't have AP art without fun stuff!!! The Barbeque and Lumberjack day were by far my favorite events of the year. The food was really good and it was great to just take a break from all the work and just hang around with your friends.

As for the thoughtful quote or poem, how about a thoughtful thought instead? Don't be afraid of the unknown. You won't live if you don't take risks and try new things in every aspect of your life. And if things just turn out to be worse, it makes it that much easier for the next adventure to make things better - you just have to have the courage to take that leap of faith. (I know that sounds horribly cliche' but that's what I'm feeling right now).

Anyhow, I guess this is it. Thanks again for a great year and for plowing through all that text above. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment